Name of the Project: To provide skill development training to youths, which aims to empower them by skilling and enabling employment in the healthcare sector as General Duty Assistant.
The Problem: Students lack financial support and the adequate skills to get placement opportunities in healthcare institutions. The 8th pass students can avail this course.
Our Solution: SSF will offer scholarship to students for providing skill-based vocational training in healthcare sector as General Duty Assistant. General Duty Assistants have a plethora of career options to choose from and can progress by taking more responsibilities. Certified students start their careers as General Duty Assistants after which they can take up the profession of Nursing Assistants.
Impact: While the healthcare industry is growing rapidly in India and around the world, it faces a critical challenge i.e. the need for a professional and skilled workforce especially in this Covid-19 era. The General Duty Assistant or GDA program is designed to provide quality care to patients admitted in nursing homes and hospitals. The minimum qualification criteria helps rural, unemployed students to attend minimum schooling and plan for this course of education and future job opportunities.
Primary Cause: To provide skill development training to youths, aims to empower them by skilling and enabling employment in the healthcare sector as General Duty Assistant.General Duty Assistant course includes: Some of the key responsibilities of the General Duty Assistant is to provide the patient’s daily care, the patient’s comfort, safety, and health needs. Along with these responsibilities, the course will cover –
- Basic principles of nursing
- First aid and nursing
- Basic treatment on fire burns, hemorrhages, allergies, banding and splinting, fermentation
- Understanding of a thermometer, blood pressure, pulse, blood sugar
- Treatment of bedsores
- Techniques of shifting the patients
- Food tube feeding
- Collection of urine etc
- Knowledge on accidents and poisoning
- Basic communication skills
- Selection of rural and economically backward students for educational opportunities.
- After successfully completing the course, arrangements can be made for students in the hospitals which are nearby to both the branches and students can be immediately be absorbed in any COVID centers.
- Siddhi Hospital
- Sai-Sneh Hospital – Katraj
- Rao Hospital- Satara Road
- Dhanwantari Hospital – Saswad
- Mane multi-specialty hospital – Saswad
- SantSopandev Hospital – Saswad
- ICU Hospital – Jejuri
- Shivam Hospital – Fursungi
- Vishwaraj Hospital – Loni