About the Organization:
Tara Mobile Creches, Pune provides a second home to children of migrant labourers at construction sites with a safe nurturing environment and ensuring opportunities for the right growth and development through its planned interventions.
Health and nutrition are vital for a productive and fulfilling life, yet many migrant families at construction sites face numerous health challenges. Food insecurity, malnourishment, poor healthcare-seeking behavior, and psychological stress are just a few of the struggles they encounter. Children are particularly vulnerable, often neglected, and left malnourished due to parents working long hours. The consequences of malnourishment can have a lasting impact on a child's development, affecting their entire future.
Tara Mobile Creches, Pune has adopted a comprehensive approach of promotion, prevention, and curative services to tackle the complex health challenges faced by children of migrant laborers at construction sites.
- Nutritional aid is a key element, and menus are designed by a nutritionist who designs menus to address nutritional needs ensuring the palatability and acceptability of menus.
- Every daycare center has a fully equipped kitchen, and staff members take turns cooking meals. Regular informal feedback is taken from children and mothers and accordingly, modifications are done to the menu.
- Caregivers are trained in appropriate cooking practices and hygiene maintenance
- Children's weight for age is monitored monthly, and malnourished children receive additional meals that are high in calories and protein. Children with special needs, malnourished children pregnant and lactating mothers, also receive nutritional aid on a priority basis.
- TMCP also provides deworming, vitamin A, and WASH facilities
- Severely malnourished children with medical ailments are referred to the Nutrition rehabilitation center
The following items are served at three different times of the day:
1. Breakfast: Glass of Milk + 1 nutritious laddu (Powder-based milk is prepared daily, based on the number of children present.)
2. Meals: Rice-based preparation enhanced with dals, legumes, vegetables, oil, spices, and condiments.
3. Post afternoon: A dry snack / poha/ upama/ chikki/ fruits/ bhel / chivda/ chakali etc. Through these efforts, TMCP is making a significant impact on the lives of these vulnerable children.
Every year more than 1000 children receive nutrition aid through the unwavering efforts of TMCP. The result? Healthy children with age-appropriate growth and development. Proper care is taken by pregnant women during the antenatal period. Awareness among Mothers and caregivers to practice the right child-caring practices such as early and exclusive breastfeeding, hand washing, and complementary and responsive feeding. Children, men, and women in the community practice appropriate hygiene behaviors use toilets, and seek health care services as and when needed. Help us provide nutrition aid to over 1000 vulnerable children and pregnant/lactating mothers in need. With just 10 lakhs rupees, we can ensure 85 children receive nutritious food for one year. Your donation can help us create a lasting impact by promoting healthy growth and development in children, providing age-appropriate vaccines, and educating caregivers on proper child-caring practices. Join us in our mission to build a healthier community!
Primary Cause :
Preventing malnourishment; promoting healthy growth and development of children
Pune and sub-urban areas of the city. 15 daycare centers attending to more than 1000 children per year are spread across the city, and are especially located in close proximity to major construction sites.